Ghostnote items are unique, one-of-one works of art, and as such, extra special care should be taken when packaging them for shipment.
A buyer will have purchased shipping through UPS at the time they paid for your item. Printing labels can be printed from your Dashboard by signing in to your Ghostnote account.
- Choose the right box. Use a rigid box made of corrugated cardboard, with flaps intact. Avoid reusing boxes, if possible. Boxes can be purchased to size at a UPS or FedEx store, among other places.
- Ensure the item is protected for shipping. Secure your item with a cushioning material such as bubble wrap to protect it from damage. In the event that you're shipping something flat, such as photographs or lyric sheets, sandwich the item between two thick, strong pieces of corrugated cardboard. You can also use this method for Vinyl Records, but shipping them in a stiff-walled EZ fold mailer is preferable.
- Fill the remaining space in your shipping container. Line your box with cushioning material such as packing peanuts, air bags or crumpled shipping paper and place your item inside. There should be at least 2 inches of cushioning material between your item and the edges of the box.
- Secure all flaps with tape. Use strong shipping tape designed to withstand the rigors of shipping. If you are reusing a box, make sure to remove or conceal any previous labels.
- Confirm the correct shipping label. Print your shipping label from the dashboard and secure it to the top of the box with shipping tape. Try not to overlap the shipping tape on the bar code, or there could be issues with the scan.
Ghostnote strives to offer interesting, unique items which connect artists with fans. Special care should be taken to ensure that Creative Works can be enjoyed for many years to come.