Ghostnote is more than just a marketplace for cool stuff. Our items are unique, one-of-one pieces which have been created, modified, lived-in, reconfigured, reorganized, or some combination of the above by the very artists who list them. We believe the process of creating an item is as important as the item itself, and we go to great lengths to document and immortalize this process. Re-scanning your recent purchase will authenticate the item, enabling you to become a part of this ongoing legacy.
When an artist uploads an item to Ghostnote, our software scans the photograph, mapping a metaphorical fingerprint of the item. Re-scanning your item allows us to confirm that the two fingerprints match, and the item is then added to your Collection. Follow the steps below to re-scan your items.
1. Ensure that you have downloaded the Ghostnote app, then open the app and navigate to your personal Ghostnote page.
2. Access your account settings by tapping the three lines in the upper right corner.
3. From the list of options, choose "My dashboard."
4. Choose the item in question from your Collection. It should have a status of "Pending ownership."
5. Choose the "Claim ownership" option from the banner at the top of the page.
6. At this point, you'll be given an option to "Scan item." You'll notice from the screenshot that there are some simple instructions available for viewing - please read through these before taking the photo, as they will increase your chances of getting a successful scan! If you are re-scanning clothing, our guide on clothing authentication scans may be of some use to you as well.
7. Align the ghosted image of your item as closely as possible with the item you've received. Focus on lining up the item's distinctive characteristics; for example signatures or customizations. Once you take the photo, your item will display a banner which lets you know the scan is up for review by our in-house team.
Re-scanning your purchased items is a critical aspect of what makes Ghostnote unique. The item will be displayed in your Ghostnote collection, and proof of your ownership will be added to the item's history. Moreover, should you choose to resell the item through Ghostnote, future buyers will have confidence they're buying a verified item which can be traced back to the original artist. The artist will also receive a portion of the proceeds, which aids in their ability to continue creating the art you love.
We are grateful you've chosen to support the arts through Ghostnote, and we look forward to seeing your growing collection as time marches on.